◎ Presenting our China 2021 outlook.
2020 was a year of crisis for the world, beginning with the Chinese Communist Party’s cover up of the Wuhan coronavirus and ending with an election cliffhanger in the United States.
2021 is shaping up to be a year of worldwide financial, social, and geopolitical turmoil. This turmoil will prove fatal for the CCP regime and will usher in China’s post-communist era.
We expect to see seven broad trends in 2021:
1. With strong public support, President Donald Trump will eventually win re-election. Trump’s re-election will be a Black Swan event for politicians, financiers, financial institutions, and countries who bet on Joe Biden, especially the CCP regime. The final outcome of the 2020 U.S. presidential election will hugely impact the global economy, as well as finance, geopolitics, and the future world order.
2. Sino-U.S. relations will deteriorate even further and confrontation will intensify. The Trump administration will get even tougher on China, more clearly engage the CCP in ideological battle, and hold Beijing accountable over the coronavirus and human rights violations. The administration will also endeavor to reform the field of education and encourage Americans to re-acquaint themselves with U.S. history and the country’s founding values. The U.S. will also step up efforts to inform the American public about the “China challenge,” and could show appreciation for authentic traditional Chinese culture as part of measures to counteract the CCP’s propaganda narratives and measures.
3. The United States will take the lead in the global anti-CCP bloc. It will become increasingly clear that the world is opposing communism and the Chinese Communist Party.
4. The world will reject the CCP and what it stands for. There will be signs that the new world order will be one based on morality, freedom, fairness, and reciprocity.
5. The coronavirus pandemic will worsen, not subside. New variants of the virus could emerge, rendering newly developed vaccines useless. The CCP will once again cover up the epidemic situation in China, which would spiral out of control.
6. The pandemic and global financial turmoil will strongly impact politics, the economy, and society in the People’s Republic of China. The CCP regime will meet its “Berlin Wall” moment and imminent collapse.
7. China and the world will enter a post-communist era. The rest of the world will be largely unprepared for this.
Our China 2021 outlook contains 67 predictions covering nine categories: Politics, the economy, military, society, Hong Kong, cross-strait relations, Sino-U.S. relations, China and the world, and post-communist China.